Saturday, February 18, 2012

Totally forgot I wrote this

I found this poem I wrote on my facebook notes...

Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 11:46am

One Stone: A Lament for the Lost
One stone stands different
One word, one date
Both birth and death together
No dash to separate

One word to name him
One date to mark his life
Both death and birth
In a single strike

No body to lay here
His mother his grave
But to keep his memory
The stone she gave

No body to lay here
Just remnants of his soul
His mother now bears
That terrible hole

"Please forgive me" she whispers
And somehow hears "I do.
But now, dear Mommy,
You must forgive you."
This poem is an adaptation of a book called "Tilly" by Frank Perretti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To protect mine and my family's privacy, comments with identifying information will be edited. Comments will also be edited for obscenities.