Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Journal entry, June 7, 2010

“Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to me made. She came to him and asked, ‘Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself. Tell her to help me!’” (Luke 10:40)

Oh how I hear myself in Martha’s plea. “Oh, I have so much to do, on my I’ll never get it done. Why isn’t [my husband] helping me? Kids, do this! Kids, do that! Lord, speak to [my husband’s] heart. Get him in here and help me make supper.”


“ ‘Martha, Martha,’ the Lord answered, ‘you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.’” (Luke 10:41, 42)


“Charlotte, Charlotte, you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Choose what Mary did. It’s better. Then all the other things will come into place. Be with me. Listen to me. Sit at my feet as Mary did.”


“Jesus, I’m tired of being too worried and upset about many things. I just want to sit with You. Listen and learn from You. I’ve heard this story dozens of times but You’ve opened my heart to know that I’m not a lazy Mary (as I’ve always seen her) but a worrisome Martha. Help me to balance the two Lord. Help me to begin my day with You so my other tasks go more smoothly. I love you Jesus. Thank you for your Word . Thank you for your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To protect mine and my family's privacy, comments with identifying information will be edited. Comments will also be edited for obscenities.